Author Topic: [MBI 17-08] Training Progression Pilot Program  (Read 187 times)

Raymond Salvagnini

• Administrator
  • New Poster
  • Training Administrator
    • View Profile
[MBI 17-08] Training Progression Pilot Program
« on: September 22, 2017, 04:04:38 pm »
To ZDC students with an OBS rating.

As a result of a recent survey made available to our students the staff and I have come up with a possible solution to some of your concerns. We would like 4 of our current OBS students to take part in a new pilot training progression. Currently we train students on S1 at each airport then move them to S2. The survey results indicate that the majority of respondents would like to try something else. The first 4 OBS students to send me an email with their interest will be included.

Our proposal is to train S1 and S2 concurrently at one airport and move progressively through IAD, DCA, and BWI. The new training progression if the pilot succeeds would look like this.

New OBS students would train on DEL/GND & TWR at the same time at IAD. At the discretion of the studentsí MTR/INS they would be given S1/S2 Solo privileges at IAD. This would allow you to work tower with top down services at IAD. After IAD you would do the same at DCA and finally BWI.

IAD -> DCA -> BWI

The hope with this change is to move students from S1 to S2 as smoothly as possible. If you would like to take part in this pilot program please email me with your name and CID.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 11:07:19 am by Rick Rump »
ZDC TA
CFI, CFII, & MEI